Welcome to YouBeenExposed! This is a subscription service that provides our members with access to our mini-series, television and other audio-visual entertainment (“YouBeenExposed”) streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected TV’s, computers and other devices (“YouBeenExposed ready devices”).
You agree to the Arbitration Agreement and class action waiver described in Section 15 to resolve any disputes with YouBeenExposed (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court).
- The YouBeenExposed service is provided by YouBeenExposed, Inc., or one of its affiliated companies. Check back as the service provider may change from time to time.
- Privacy. Personally identifying information is subject to our Privacy Statement, the terms of which are incorporated herein. Please review our Privacy Statement to understand our practices.
- Communication Preferences. By using the YouBeenExposed service, you consent to receiving electronic communications from YouBeenExposed relating to your account. These communications may involve sending emails to your email address provided during registration, or posting communications on the YouBeenExposed service, or in the “Your Account” page and will include notices about your account (e.g., payment authorizations, change in password or Payment Method, confirmation e-mails and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with YouBeenExposed. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. You also consent to receiving certain other communications from us, such as newsletters about new YouBeenExposed features and content, special offers, promotional announcements and customer surveys via email or other methods. If you no longer want to receive certain non-transactional communications, simply go to the “Communication settings” link on the “Your Account” page of our website (www.youbeenexposed.com/YourAccount) to manage your YouBeenExposed communications. Please review our Privacy Statement (www.youbeenexposed.com/Privacy) for further detail on our marketing communications.
- Membership, Free Trials, Billing and Cancellation
- Ongoing Membership. Your YouBeenExposed membership, which may start with the membership you chose, will continue until you cancel your membership or we terminate it. You must have Internet access and provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment (as such may be updated from time to time, “Payment Method”) to use the YouBeenExposed service. We will bill the when its time to renew your membership fee to your Payment Method. You must cancel your membership before it renews to avoid billing of the next month’s membership fees to your Payment Method.
- Recurring Billing. By starting your YouBeenExposed membership and providing or designating a Payment Method, you authorize us to charge you a membership fee at the then current rate, 1 time fee of your preferred season or each episode.
- Billing Cycle. 1 time fee of your preferred season or each episode
- No Refunds. PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR PARTIALLY USED PERIODS. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your current billing period. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our members (“credits”). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide credits in the future, under any circumstance.
- Payment Methods. You may edit your Payment Method information by visiting our website and clicking on the “Your Account” link, available at the top of the pages of the YouBeenExposed website.
- Cancellation. You may cancel your YouBeenExposed membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the YouBeenExposed service through the end of your period. WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY PARTIAL-MONTH MEMBERSHIP PERIODS OR UNWATCHED YouBeenExposed CONTENT. To cancel, go to the “Your Account” page on our website and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close .
- Passwords and Account Access
- The member who created the YouBeenExposed account and whose Payment Method is charged is referred to here as the Account Owner. The Account Owner has access and control over the YouBeenExposed account. The Account Owner’s control is exercised through use of the Account Owner’s password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from contacting YouBeenExposed Customer Service and potentially altering the Account Owner’s control, the Account Owner should not reveal the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card, or their email address if they use PayPal) associated with their account. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the YouBeenExposed service, YouBeenExposed implements technology that enables us to recognize you as the Account Owner and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the YouBeenExposed service, which includes accessing viaYouBeenExposedready devices or website.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the YouBeenExposed website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. YouBeenExposed reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. YouBeenExposed is not obligated to credit or discount a membership for holds placed on the account by either a representative of YouBeenExposed or by the automated processes of YouBeenExposed.
- Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability
- THE YOUBEENEXPOSED SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, OR ANY OTHER FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE YOUBEENEXPOSED SERVICE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOUBEENEXPOSED DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE YOUBEENEXPOSED SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOUBEENEXPOSED SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR THE USE OF APPLICATIONS, YOUBEENEXPOSED READY DEVICES, AND YOUBEENEXPOSED SOFTWARE (INCLUDING THEIR CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY WITH OUR SERVICE).
- TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL YOUBEENEXPOSED, OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR ANY OF THEIR SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Gifts and Promotions. Gift cards for the YouBeenExposed service may be available for purchase at third-party retail outlets and websites, which can be redeemed on our website at in your dashboard. From time to time, other types of promotional codes may be available, including those provided as part of a third party promotion. Promotional codes may be redeemed as described in the specifics of the promotion. Gift cards and promotional codes can only be used once, cannot be redeemed for cash, and may be combined with other offers, including a free trial, subject to certain restrictions as determined by YouBeenExposed in its sole discretion. If you received a promotional code through an offer by a third party, additional conditions may apply.
- Intellectual Property
- Copyright. The YouBeenExposed service, including all content provided on the YouBeenExposed service, is protected by copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Trademarks. YouBeenExposed is a registered trademark of YouBeenExposed, Inc.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. If you believe your work has been reproduced or distributed in a way that constitutes a copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material available through the YouBeenExposed service, please notify us by completing the Copyright Infringement Claims form (email@example.com).
- Applications. You may encounter third-party applications (including, without limitation, websites, widgets, software, or other software utilities) (“Application(s)”) that interact with the YouBeenExposed service. These Applications may import data related to your YouBeenExposed account and activity and otherwise gather data from you. These Applications are provided solely as a convenience to you, and Netflix is not responsible for such Applications. SUCH APPLICATIONS ARE OWNED OR OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO WITH OR SPONSORED BY NETFLIX AND MAY NOT BE AUTHORIZED FOR USE WITH OUR SERVICE IN ALL COUNTRIES. USE OF AN APPLICATION IS AT YOUR OWN OPTION AND RISK.
- Use of Information Submitted. YouBeenExposed is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us (“Feedback”), including responses to questionnaires or through postings to the YouBeenExposed service, including the YouBeenExposed website and user interfaces, worldwide and in perpetuity without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the YouBeenExposed service. In addition, you agree not to enforce any “moral rights” in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Please note YouBeenExposed does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for YouBeenExposed content, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to YouBeenExposed. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against YouBeenExposed and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
- Arbitration Agreement
- If you elect to seek arbitration or file a small claim court action, you must first send to YouBeenExposed, by certified mail, a written Notice of your claim (“Notice”). The Notice to YouBeenExposed must be addressed to: General Counsel, YouBeenExposed, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org (“Notice Address”). If YouBeenExposed initiates arbitration, it will send a written Notice to the email address used for your membership account. A Notice, whether sent by you or by YouBeenExposed, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If YouBeenExposed and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or YouBeenExposed may commence an arbitration proceeding or file a claim in small claims court.
- You may download or copy a form Notice and a form to initiate arbitration at www.adr.org. If you are required to pay a filing fee, after YouBeenExposed receives notice at the Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration, YouBeenExposed will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for greater than US$10,000, in which event you will be responsible for filing fees.
Last updated: May 1, 2012